Making pie crust can be a hassle at times, but this hassle free recipe makes a wonderful and flaky crust for pie, quiche, tarts or just about any dish needing crust.
Simple pie crust ingredients
What you need to make a simple nine inch pie crust is:
- One pound of margarine
- Four cups of flour
- Three tablespoons of sugar
(The sugar is for giving the crust a sweet flavor and is not necessary. In making quiches, I recommend leaving this ingredient out
Mixing Pie Crust
- Place the margarine in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix flour and sugar together and add them to the margarine. Mix well
- Add one more cup of flour and kneed together with your fingers until mixture is the consistency of play-dough.
Placing the Pie Crust
- Ball the dough, and place dough in an un-greased pie pan. Use your fingers to spread the dough in an even layer over the bottom of the pan.
- Once the pain is covered evenly, roll the remainder of the dough between your palms and place the long rolls around the top edge of the pan.
- Use your fingers to spread the dough evenly around the edge of the pan. Leave some excess on the top of the pan.
- Use a spoon, fork or your fingers to make a design around the edge of the crust.
With this fabulous and easy pie crust recipe, there is no need for rolling pins, and there is no need to pre-cook the pie crust. Simple fill the pie and bake it in the oven. The result is a light and flaky crust with a slightly sweet flavor. This recipe is a simple and cost effective way to make a beautiful and tasty homemade pie crust! Enjoy, and bon appetite!
Which car gun safe do you want to buy?
What of beard oils are so needed for you?
The cat spraying no more is a perfect guide for a cat holders.